Subscribe to Blog via email
- Monday 17th September 2018 – Made it 505 miles????????
- Sunday 16th September 2018 – Nearly there…
- Saturday 15th September 2018 – only 66 miles to go????????
- Friday 14th September 2018 – Sully-sur-Loire
- Thursday 13th September 2018 – it’s not all hard work. Now At Orleans
- Wednesday 12th September 2028 – Blois to Beaugency
- Tuesday 11th September 2018 – Amboise to Blois
- Monday 10th September 2018 – Tours to Amboise
- Sunday 9th September 2018 – Villandry then Tours
- Saturday 8th December 2018 – Azay-le-Rideau
- Monday 17th September 2018 – Made it 505 miles???????? on
- Sunday 2nd September 2018 – St Nazaire to Frossay on
- The Masters & Clerks’ Dinner at The Information Technologists – Thursday 12th April 2018 on
- Scouting Association Event with past Lord Mayor, David Wootton -Tuesday 27th February 2018 on
- 40th Anniversary Appeal and visit to Treloars on
Archives by Month
- 2018: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2017: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2016: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2015: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2014: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2013: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- 2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Monthly Archives: September 2018
No injury, praise the Lord. Very hot here in France at the moment.
Thanks to all who generously supported our RICS LandAid Appeal. 2 young lives saved thanks to your generous support.
38 miles today go list just outside Briare and ended up cycling through sand for about 3 miles. That was not fun. Mountain bikes would have been ok. But not hybrids with full packs.
Made it to Sully-sur-Loire, only 103 miles to go to hit our target????????
Ver hot yesterday, rewarded with a cool swim in Beaugency. Lovely town. Today a relaxing ride to The capital of the Loire, Orléans.
Made it to Blois in extreme heat. More ups and downs. More inland than by the river today. Not sure why when there is a perfectly good road that would have been shorter and quicker. But amazing little villages yet very few coffee shops.
Silly morning today. We had planned a detour to the pagoda Chanteloup. However we caught up with some Canadian cyclists on fast tourers. Before we knew where we were we’d arrived at Amboise. A besutiful place with the home and gardens of Leonardo Da Vinci. The Château is imposing build high above the town overlooking the Loire.
Short ride 32 degrees, very hilly.
32 miles today. We did a good deal of sightseeing, well Châteaux visiting.
27 degrees at 7 pm. Thank you again to all my sponsors.
Well today and tomorrow are tourist days. Short rides. We will pay for this next week!
Today was hard. We should have ignored the directions and stayed down by the river. Haut er bas, haut et bas.????????
141 miles behind us. Legs tired, rear tender, but then it was never meant to be too easy!
Day 2 of our 500 Mile cycle Ride. At this rate it will bee 1000 miles. We keep getting distracted.
The Master and his Lady have set off on their bikes. Now in St Nazaire via London and Paris.